Saturday 7 August 2010

Eye of the Day: Silver Smoke

I'm aware that nobody seems to read my EOTD posts, but I'm going to soldier on with them anyway in the vain hope that they'll pick up in popularity! Haha. :)

Last night's look was the classic smokey eye, updated with a shimmery silver palette:

 
Apologies for the terrible photo quality! This was done very late at night, so the lighting was terrible.

  • MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW40 (my foundation)
  • Maxfactor Earth Spirits in 129 Angel Eyes
  • Maxfactor Smoky Eye Effect Eyeshadow in Onyx Smoke
  • Bourjois Khol & Contour Eye Pencil in 73 Gris Ingenieux
  • GOSH Velvet Touch Waterproof Eye Liner in 008 Silver Screen
  • Rimmel Glam'Eyes Professional Liquid Liner in 001 Black Glamour
  • Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara in Black


I was really impressed with the Earth Spirits eyeshadow, which stayed on perfectly from 8pm until 4am. I used a wet brush to apply it, and the colour is really punchy and perfect for a night-time look. On the other hand, the Smoky Eye Effect eyeshadow was very disappointing and only lasted a couple of hours! It's not a huge problem though, because the double-tipped pen applicator makes it a really handy tool to keep in your bag for touch-ups during the night. It has a lovely consistency, even if it doesn't blend as well as it should (seeing as it's made especially for creating a smoky eye).

I've never bought Maxfactor products before this year, so I decided to pick up their False Lash Effect mascara yesterday, which was on offer for £7.99 at Superdrug. I opted for the waterproof version, which gave my lashes an amazing curl and fantastic length, and as promised it did not budge at all during an night's worth of clubbing – worth every penny!

Love Sanchia xxx

EDIT: Wow, just realised some of my hair looks white in those pictures, haha! (For the record, it's actually black. Although I do get a few "zebra-stripes" from time to time, I like to think of them as quite KateMossian!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading our blog! Leave a comment and let us know what you think.
Love Sanchia & Millie xxx