Sunday 4 July 2010

Introducing ...

Behind the Style Goddesses blog are two Norwich-based students: Millie and Sanchia. We thought we'd do a bit of Q&A so you can find out what makes us tick!

The label I'd love to own is ...
For accessories: all those that know me know that one of my lifetime ambitions is to own a Mulberry Bayswater (and an Alexa if possible!); for general fashion: I’m also a bit of a Marc Jacobs fan (I love his prints); for shoes and bags: on the more high street end, Kate Kanzier wins for me – if you haven’t checked her out, do it, she has some beautiful brogues and sandals and her bags are such classic designs; for general fashion/ beauty/ gifts: Liberty London – who can’t love their floral prints?
My room 101 contains ...
Crocs, cooked peas and carrots (I like them raw), and very large people wearing leggings/ jeggings/ tops as dresses!
Take my shopping advice:
Wear a dress when you go shopping as it’s so much quicker to try clothes on if you’re not wearing loads of layers!
The best piece in my wardrobe is ...
Silence and Noise blazer from Urban Outfitters or my Links of London charm bracelet.
My wish list for A/W 2010 contains ...
I love the vivid colours and the structured tailoring Ada Zanditon used in her A/W 2010 collection at LFW. I’m also a big velvet fan so I’m glad that’s really going to be big this winter, also lusting after some of the Melissa Odabash designs which score double A/W trend points for mastering the bohemian and draping looks.
My fave high street/ online stores are ...
Topshop, Urban Outfitters, Miss Selfridge, Zara, French Connection, Warehouse, All Saints, H&M, ASOS, Ebay, Net-A-Porter/ Outnet & Shopstyle.


SANCHIA (@wakeorsleep)
The label I'd love to own is ...
The late Luella was everything that's fresh and unique about British style! Full skirts, high waists, cutesy floral prints and TWEE bows ... what more could a girl ask for? But in this terrible post-Bartley world, I'm going to say Erdem, for his practically hallucinogenic prints!
My room 101 contains ...
White tops with black leggings – in fact, just leggings in general – the eight-legged S-word, and the pain of playing acoustic guitar after you've let your finger pads get soft! Ay ay ay.
Take my shopping advice:
Save money by buying long tops from tall collections in shops and wearing them as dresses. Also, don't be afraid to wear necklaces as belts or bracelets. (What can I say, I'm a cheapskate ... :P)
The best piece in my wardrobe is ...
My gorgeously soft, brown leather H&M belt (an absolute STEAL for a tenner).
My wish list for A/W 2010 contains ...
Erdem's printed wool cape, £3780. It's a beautifully voluminous number with a really striking turquoise and red print towards the hem – you absolutely cannot ignore it, and I absolutely cannot afford it! I also love Chanel & Elie Tahari's furry shoe boots, and Stella McCartney's oversized cable-knit sweaters.
My fave high street/ online stores are ...
For attention to detail, buttonsbucklesandbelts.com will let you transform an outfit instantly; for tights and socks, mytights.com; for jewellery, Accessorize; and as for clothes, H&M is my undisputed life partner!

5 comments:

  1. interesting stuff - i can't stand jeggings either! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely interview thing :)
    nice new blog camilla!

    thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
    XOXO, BECCA
    www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with leggings guys? They're so comfy and as long as your bum isn't out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only said they were bad on very large people wearing them as trousers! Which I think is fair enough!!! :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^ That was Millie's comment btw.
    For my part, I think it's just one of those pet hate things. Everybody has something they can't stand!
    – S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog! Leave a comment and let us know what you think.
Love Sanchia & Millie xxx