Friday 6 August 2010

Style Crush: Natasha Khan

Here's an unusual candidate for our Style Crush series, but one that has always really inspired me and continues to influence my style today: Natasha Khan. (You may know her better as the singer from Bat For Lashes!)

  
All images sourced via Google.

As you can see from the photos, she's not what you would call conventional, but that's what I love most about her: she doesn't look for mainstream approval or modern-day ideals of beauty. As for her personal style, I'd say it's very eclectic and mystical, almost surreal, with a dash of vintage folk here and there. She really inspires me when it comes to pushing my style boundaries, and seeing photos of her looking fantastic in tribal and ethnic-style clothes has made me bolder when it comes to clashing the prints and colours in my wardrobe.

 

I also just adore her make-up! I don't know when I'd ever get the chance to try and emulate her make-up looks, except for maybe if I go to a festival, but I think I'll be trying out a few Natasha-esque looks in the privacy of my bedroom over the next few days!

So what do you think? Would you say her style is enviable, or just misguided?

Love Sanchia xxx

P.S. If you want to check out her music, I'd recommend "Daniel" and "What's A Girl To Do" to start off with.

3 comments:

  1. Her style is great! and i love her make up!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love her! I'm a huge fan of her music and has to admit that she does have great style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you both agree – I think being able to push the boundaries like she does is the real definition of style!
    Love Sanchia xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog! Leave a comment and let us know what you think.
Love Sanchia & Millie xxx