So while Sanchia has been sunning herself in florida, I've spent a long weekend living in a tent at Latitude festival. (My first ever festival!)
Beinga festival virgin, I of course ended up taking far to much stuff.
My (annotated)packing list!
- Dresses x 2 (didn't wear either was too windy!)
- Oasis Playsuit (wore for one day)
- H&M denim shorts. Definately my new festival staple. Wore them for 3 of the 4 days with different tops. Wore with my UO plaited brown belt.
- Topshop Coral crop top - perfect for the weather as kept my shoulders covered (I burn very easily) but was nice & cool!
- River Island striped top - picked this up for £5 in the river island sale and went well with the shorts and my hunters
- Navy hunter wellies - love these so much.
- Aldo gladiator sandals - bought these last year and have worn them so much since. I love the detailing on them and we don't have an Aldo in Norwich so have never seen anyone else wearing them!
- flipflops - great for morning shower/toilet trips!
- Pack-a-mac - Came in useful during a thunderstorm!
- Bags - Marc by Marc Jacobs tote, UO satchel and Topshop mini satchel.
So on to the festival itself. Was amazing! A great mix of music, comedy, poetry, arts and fashion! Highlights were definately Florence & The Machine, Matthew P, Lissie, Vampire Weekend, Mumford & Son, Noah and The Whale, Josh Radin, Mark Watson, Phil Jupitus and the Chelsea & Central St Martins graduate fashion show. I'll definately be going back next year!
The Graduate Fashion Show - the runway went across the lake!
Was hoping to meet up with Milly who runs the lovely blog mlle_milly (definately worth a look!) but my phone ran out of battery so I couldn't contact her! (very annoyingly!)
So now I'm no longer a festival virgin, what are my tips?
- the lighter you pack the better - we had to lug all our stuff a fair way and my shoulders were killing the next day!
- Wear your heaviest items there/back!
- Picking a staple like denim shorts is a great way to cut back on the number of clothes you need as you can just take a few items to match!
- Pick a bag big enough to fit a bottle of water, programme and raincoat in.
- Charge your phone well or take a spare phone you can put your sim card into (I ran out after 2 1/2 days - not good!)
- dry shampoo!
- don't take too many accessories. I wore the same necklace/gold cuff every day (I did have some earrings but the wind was so strong, they both broke off!)
Love Millie xxx